1. Havea plan, your own plan. Work with a certified advisor. You don't do your own dental work, right?
2. In everything you do, focus on reducing your taxes. Taxes will always be more.
3. Maximize your social security benefits.
4. Consider a hybrid retirement plan.
5. Inflation is the most insidious tax. 6. Secure a tax-free income for life. 7. Have a plan for Long Term Care (LTC). 8. Use your home equity wisely.
9. Have a transition plan for your estate when you are gone.
10. If you have a business, make sure your heirs will get full value when you pass.